Senior year is college application time!
Make sure you complete all of the admission requirements before your deadlines!
Complete the Application and required essays
Your college may use:
All transcripts must now be ordered electronically. After submitting a parent concent form in the registrar's office, request your transcript at www.nisd.net/schools/transcripts
Send your SAT or ACT Scores!
*Only if required by your college
Follow the following steps, if you need a counselor recommendation:
1) Print the application(s) from the college(s).
2) Pick up a Student Profile Packet from your counselor, counseling receptionist or fill it out online. Be sure to read instructions carefully before filling it out.
3) Complete your part and distribute the Teacher Information sheets. Teachers need three weeks to fill out their part of the Teacher Information sheet. Remember this is not the same as asking them to write you a letter of recommendation.
4) If you ask your teacher to write you a letter of recommendation please give them a stamped, self-addressed envelope. Ask them to mail the letter directly to the college by the application deadline. Have them include your full name and social security number on their letter.
5) Be sure the counselor has all the above information before requesting a counselor recommendation.
6) Complete your part of the Counselor Recommendation form from the college application and give it to your counselor at least three weeks prior to the deadline.
Senior Conferences WILL BE HELD ON September 19 & 20 for the 2017-2018 school year. PLEASE ALSO JOIN US ON 9/19 AT 6PM FOR SENIOR PARENT NIGHT IN THE AG BUILDING!
Need to know what was covered? View it at this link: http://prezi.com/yhdvgzvlz9i2/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share
Check out this page of additional resources:
SENIORS! GET REMINDERS SENT STRAIGHT TO YOUR PHONE!